I’m just about to take the Tour Guide to the printer and finish up the print version of the maps.
Thank you to those who have helped by clicking the Donate button. There is a project (not really a chicken project) that needs additional support more than the Take-A-Peak Tour. I’d be happy if every one who can would support Christine Faith’s Kickstarter project. I’m a supporter are you? Use this link to pledge: http://kck.st/ZbsTtL There are only 3 days left to pledge, Even $5 will help.
Here is the message Christine sent out:
Hey there! We have some news we are so excited to share with you! Ben and I have been asked to provide produce to a community asset here in Colorado Springs, and we need your support to realize this incredible opportunity.
· A nearby greenhouse space has been donated to this project; the greenhouse owners will be partnering in this project. Because the greenhouse is already built we only need the growing equipment to finish the project. The existing greenhouse donation saves the project $50,000.
· Seeds Community Café, a no-pay restaurant, is opening next month in Colorado Springs. When eating at a no-pay restaurant you donate money for your meal, or volunteer some of your time to cover the bill. No one is turned away regardless of financial status, and everyone has access to fresh, healthy food. These are amazing assets to the communities that have them, and we are honored to have the opportunity to be of service to this restaurant. Check out these links for more great information regarding no-pay restaurants:
· www.jbjsoulkitchen.org (New Jersey – founded by Jon Bon Jovi)
· www.soallmayeat.org (Denver, CO)
· www.cafe-180.org (Englewood, CO)
· The Seeds Community Café proprietor will buy ALL of our produce that comes from our new greenhouse project – the projects revenue stream is defined and set.
· We have always, and we will continue to donate 10% of our farm products to our non-profit partner’s food pantry, a different entity than Seeds Community Café. The new greenhouse operation will triple the amount of produce we can donate to our non-profit partner.
Here’s What We Need You To Do:
· Please pledge funds today for this community based endeavor – NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL, REALLY! Pledge amounts start at $5. Use this link to pledge: http://kck.st/ZbsTtL
· Demonstrating support for the project early is critical to the projects long term funding chances so please pledge today!
· Share this project link with anyone and everyone you think might be interested in supporting this great project. http://kck.st/ZbsTtL
If you have any questions about the project please visit the project site and watch our video (http://kck.st/ZbsTtL ), or shoot us back an e-mail and we’ll get right back to you. We can’t do this without you, so please support this project to help us bring healthy, delicious produce to our community members in need. Thank you so much.
With deepest appreciation,
Christy & Ben